Welcome to another Artful Stampers Blog Hop Challenge.
This week we are using a Sketch.
I can tell you now, I did NOT intend to fussy cut this image, but when my colouring got a little ugly, it was cut or bin!
Here’s the sketch, for your inspiration should you wish to play at home.
I’ve used the colours for the Around the World Challenge for this week too.Â Those colours were Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler and Mossy Meadow.Â The Cardinal is a My Digital Studio image which has been resized and printed.Â Coloured with Blendabilities of course.Â The leaves are done in Old Olive, but they work really we with Mossy Meadow.Â You can still see a little bit where I’ve gone out the line, but hey ….
Do I dare to show you a close up?
Lots of layering in this card!Â Double layers on all of them except the base card.Â All top layers have been sponged around to separate them from the bottom layers.Â The Cherry Cobber base and top layer have been embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder.Â The top Whisper White and Baked Brown Sugar have been stamped with Dictionary and Gorgeous Grunge, just lightly to give a vintage feel.
I’ve left the Mossy Meadow panel plain to break the card up as it is quite busy.Â Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine is my only embellishment on this card, I almost forgot to use an embellishment!
Here’s the entire Card Recipe for you:
- Stamp Set: Christmas Cardinal (MDS), Ornamental Pine, Dictionary, Gorgeous Grunge
- Card: Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White
- Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow
- Blendabilities: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Skin Tone, Smoky Slate, Colour Lifter
- Big Shot: Decorative Dots Embossing Folder
- Embellishments: Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine
- Non Stampin’ Up!: Wink of Stella
All Stampin’ Up! Items can be purchased from my ONLINE STORE
Next on our Blog Hop, we visit Alison Barclay who I’m sure will wow us 🙂