Woohoo!! We made it through our first month of Blog Challenges.
This week I set the team a Sketch Challenge, which I have to admit, I’m quite taken with.
Firstly, here’s my card.Â Going for a Christmas theme in traditional reds and greens.
Here’s the actual sketch, incase you’d like to give it a shot yourself.
…. and yet another photo of those cute little Santa Outfits
Can you spot my mistake?Â I had originally only stamped and coloured one Santa Suit and then had the idea to do two more, only I didn’t realise that I hadn’t picked up the Smoky Slate Blendabilities until AFTER I’d finished colouring.Â I did think it was going on a little differently.Â I was using Wisteria Wonder!Â I’m too lazy to go colour it all again though, to it stayed that way.Â I’m sure whom ever gets the card won’t mind too much. 🙂 – I hope!
The Get Your Santa On Stamp Set is a Photopolymer set, which made stamping the ho! ho! ho! on an angle extremely easy and quick.Â I’m not too fussed that all my ho!’s aren’t lined up perfectly.
I usually love to add Dimensionals to a few layers in my cards, but this time I’ve only popped up the Santa Suits to really separate them from the card front, and colours of the card.
Anyway….. onto the card recipe, and as always supplies are from Stampin’ Up!:
- Stamp Sets:Â Get Your Santa On
- Ink: Memento Black, Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Versamark
- Blendabilities: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, Wisteria Wonder (by accident), Colour Lifter
- Card: Garden Green, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi, Trim the Tree Designer Series Stack
- Tools: Heat Tool, Stampin’ Buddy, Hexagon Punch (to cut the banners), Sponges
- Embellishments: White Embossing Powder, Frosty Sequins
All these supplies and more, can be purchased from my ONLINE STORE
Next on your Blog Hop is the Miss Alison Barclay 🙂