Have you tried the Acrylic Block Ink Smooshing Technique before? It’ similar to the regular ole ink smooshing, but I think you get a bit more control of where your ink ends up and how the inks flow together. This technique is perfect for your die cut flowers and leaves, or the more intricate dies.
Acrylic Block Ink Smooshing Technique
- You’ll need an Acrylic Block. I used a medium sized. If you use a smaller block, you’ll cover less area, the bigger the block, the more area covered.
- Basic White or Thick Basic White card is fine for this technique.
- Water spritzer.
- 2 to 3 colours of Ink Pads that will blend together nicely.
- Tap your acrylic block into the ink pad, spritz with water then smear or smoosh onto your white card stock. The more you spritz, the more your acrylic block will slide on your card.
- Overlap your colours to blend them.
- Allow to dry completely before die cutting.
The colours I’ve used for this card are:
- Pumpkin Pie
- Calypso Coral
- Sweet Sorbet
- Old Olive
- Pretty Peacock
If you’d like to see all the products I’ve used, you’ll find a list HERE
If you decide to purchase any of your supplies from me, Thank You. Don’t forget to use the code below to receive a thank you gift from me. If you’ve not ordered before, I have a tutorial to help you.
Cheers for now